As a powerful Traffic absorption tool, Organization Schema plays an important role in differentiating your website from its competitors and attracting target users. Of course, this is not the end of the story. It shows search engines and users exactly what information is on your page by providing categorized and targeted information on the Google search results page.
The importance of Organization Schema Markup is so great that ignoring it gives you very little chance of attracting traffic and fewer users to click on your page Compared to your competitors.
Therefore, mastering Schema Markup and knowing how to use it can be useful and even necessary for every website manager. The good news is that the questions, which come to your mind, are answered below. So it is better to read this article to to find out if you need to take course Schema or not?
What does Organization Schema do?
We can divide what Organization Schema does into several different parts:
- Displays the data on the page as structured information
- Explains to search engines exactly what kind of content with what concept and for what purpose is on the page
- Shows the users exactly what kind of information they achieves on your page
- Invites potential customer to your site who is more likely to become an actual or even loyal customer
- Increases site traffic and as a result, the site scores goes up
- Helps the target market or targeted users find you more easily
- Distinguishes your page from the dozens of pages that appear in Google search results based on real information
- Helps Google identify you from hundreds of other pages based on the content you provide
In the image, you can see an Organization Schema example:
Does it affect SEO or not?
There is no mention in any source that this has a direct impact on SEO, but it helps Google to have a better understanding of the brand and to be displayed in the Knowledge Graph sooner as well as to be optimized the website site link. Two thirds of the websites in the world never consider the Schema code or provide it in a principled and strong way, it is clear that using it correctly can help you rank a lot and be superior to your competitors.
Which are the Schema markup types?
There are three types of code to do this:
“@context” : http://schema.org,
“types” : “product”.
“name” : “Moleskine Notebook”, “offers”:
“description” : “Sold By Amazon”, “Price Specification”:
“type” : “PriceSpecification”,
“Value” : 9.88
- Microdata: In this way, you do the entire schema markup on html. So, the details of all the items whose content we want to specify are injected into the html tags.
- RDFA: This method allows users to frame the html code and introduce the meaning of each part to Google using Schema.
How to create organization schema?
You have several different ways to do this. Review the methods we describe and see which one is easier and more practical for you to use:
You can create organization schema by plugins like Schema Pro, Rank Math and Yoast. In the following, we will explain how to work with the first one.
- Schema plugin: Using this plugin is an easy way to markup your WordPress site pages. However, you may be wondering How to add organization schema with plugin? All you have to do is download the plugin from www.wordpress.com, install and active that.
After installing and activating the plugin, an option will appear in the WordPress dashboard that will open a page by selecting it. Then you see some different parts that can change based on your page content:
- Site Type: that specifies the category of your site. Here your site can be in Blog or Personal, Online Shop, News and Magazine, Small Offline Business, Corporation, Portfolio, Knowledgebase, Question & Answer etc.
Depending on the type of content you publish; you should choose the most relevant.
- Publisher Logo: you must select a logo with a size of 60 x 600 pixels in png or jpg format. After creating an image with this size, click on the Upload File option and upload the logo in WordPress media.
- This Website Represent: This option, which is located in the Knowledge Graph tab, indicates that your site is a personal and real page or that it belongs to a company and operates legally. If you have a personal activity, you must select the “Person” option, and if you have a corporate activity, you must select the “Organization” option. After selecting one of these options, several other fields will be displayed, which include the following; Person Name or Organization Name, Website URL and Logo.
- Enable Sitelinks Search Box: activating this option creates a search box will be placed in the search results of your site, and users will be able to search for the content on your site through Google.
- Enable Site Name: Enabling this option will also display the site name next to the site address. After activating this option, two boxes, “Site Name” and “Site Alternate Name”, will be displayed. In these options, you must enter the desired name and alternative name, respectively.
- Social Profiles: Enter the addresses of the various social networks you have page in this section.
- Contact Type: This option specifies the type of call and support and includes options such as Customer Support, Technical Support, Billing Support, Bill Payment, Reservations etc.
- Telephone: Your contact phone number must be entered along with the country code
- URL: the page address
- About Page: a brief explanation about the page
- Contact Page
After you have finalized the plugin settings, it now comes in the Types menu. it specifies different types of content for posts and tabs, which you can use to specify the Schema WordPress data based on the post type category. You can adjust Schema Markup Type, Article Type, Video Markups and Audio Markups based on your page structure.
Organization Schema generator
This is a tool through which you can enter your desired schema without any special knowledge and in the shortest possible time. To do this, just copy the code on this platform on your WordPress site. For accessing the Schema Generator, you can use /technicalseo.com/tools.
Should I put organization schema on every page?
There is nothing wrong with leaving this for all site pages. However, depending on the nature of the site you can only mark the home page, the product page or any other page you want.
Where to put organization Schema?
The best place to put that is in the <head>. However, it can be anywhere on the page. If you use WordPress page builders, you can put the code inside the last part of your page.
Difference between organization schema and local business?
Local is used for sites that want to rank in a small area or work in a city. Organized can be extensive online stores, service sites etc.
How to validate organization schema?
You can use the Rich result test for validity. There is also the Structured Data testing tool, which is deprecated by Google